Tris followed Four and
found out he was going to do a simulation. This is a fear simulation and Tris
goes in with him and discovers Four's fears and helps him get through his four
fears which is why they call him Four. In the last fear Tris learns his real
name is Tobias because Marcus appears and she recognizes him and knew he had a
son who transferred to Dauntless and realizes Four is Tobias. Tris and Four go
on a walk and talk about his aptitude test results and she finds out that he
got Abnegation which is where he's from but chose Dauntless to get away from
his father and won't become a Dauntless leader so he doesn't have to see his
dad who is a Abnegation leader. Then Tobias admits he likes Tris and has been
watching her and taking care of her throughout her time at Dauntless and then
they kiss. This is significant because they used to not like each other that
much and were thought to have completely opposite personalities but now they
have gotten to know each other are very alike and meant for each other.
The next day they have
to take another fear simulation but this time from one of the instructor's and
it's Lauren. When Tris goes she has to deal with a kidnapping and she fails it
and it becomes one of her fears. When it's over Tobias comes to her and yells
at her "Get yourself together! This is pathetic" (Roth 345) and then
Tris snaps at him and slaps him and yells at him to shut up, and as this
happens everyone sits there in stunned silence watching this fold out. Later
Tris hops on a train without supervision and goes to Erudite where she hopes to
find her brother Caleb. She finds him in a library and then they talk and Caleb
is completely changed. He's nervous, confused, and doesn't know who or what to
believe. Then two men come and take Tris away to Jeanine who was the Erudite
leader spreading rules about Abnegation and they have a talk about her missing
aptitude results and why she chose Dauntless because Tris thinks Jeanine is one
of the people that hate Divergent and are out to get them. Then her guard sends
Tris back to Dauntless where Eric is waiting for her...
1. What specific
words/phrases demonstrate your writer's voice? How do these words/phrases
showcase your personality as a writer?
Some specific phrases
that help demonstrate my voice are when I wrote "and then they kiss"
because I didn't have to mention that but I believed it was a significant point
in the book because in the end they fall in love and together they stop the war
that Erudite started, and also it's an awkward relationship because he is her
leader in the initiation process. Another phrase could be when I'm talking
about after Tris failed her fear simulation and gets in a fight with Tobias
about it. This demonstrates my voice because I like to describe exactly what I
see happening and not leaving out the less important details that aren't
completely irrelevant. These phrases showcase my personality as a writer
because I like to include as much information as I can because it makes
whatever I am writing more factual. Also I believe they showcase my personality
because I like the intense and action parts of books because I'm not usually
someone who sits down and reads for a while but I will if it has action in it
like the endings usually, which I did for this book.
2. What purposeful
diction and syntax choices did you make to enhance your writer’s voice? You
must choose to discuss at least one diction and one syntax technique from the
list below. Make sure to include textual evidence from your post where you
included the diction and syntax choices you discuss.
Purposeful diction I
use is when I say "He's nervous, confused, and doesn't know who or what to
believe." This is purposeful because I am describing how Caleb is feeling
and these describe exactly what I would be feeling as well in the same
situation. Purposeful syntax I use is when I end the post saying "Then her
guard sends Tris back to Dauntless where Eric is waiting for her..." This
is purposeful because it shows that I'm leaving the reader in an anxious state
because they want to know what happens next and I do that by ending with the
triple dots. Also throughout my post the sentence lengths are short and
straight to the point which is what you want in a blog post.
No comments:
Post a Comment